“Watkins Glen International” Authors Present Work at International Motor Racing Research Center
Michael Argetsinger and Bill Green to be introduced by Track President Michael Printup
Stop by The Shop [2 N. Franklin Street, Watkins Glen, NY] to purchase Watkins Glen International!
WATKINS GLEN, NY – “Watkins Glen International” by Michael Argetsinger and Bill Green will be a topic of conversation on Saturday, May 18 at the International Motor Racing Research Center at 610 S. Decatur Street, Watkins Glen. Track President Michael Printup will be on hand to introduce the duo responsible for the Arcadia Publishing book that begins with the race through the streets on Oct. 2, 1948 and continues through present day at The Glen.
The 127-page pictorial format book, includes more than 200 photos capturing this history of Watkins Glen International and is the second in Arcadia’s series of books featuring tracks that host NASCAR. “Watkins Glen International” will be on sale at IMRRC and both authors will be on hand to sign copies.
Beginning at 1 p.m., the presentation is part of the ongoing Center Conversations speaker series and is free of charge. This presentation also features Philippe Defechereux and Clark Lance, discussing “Watkins Glen, The Street Years 1948-1952, Glory, Drama and the Birth of American Road Racing.”
If Watkins Glen International fans are unable to make it to Saturday’s program, “Watkins Glen International” is available for purchase in The Shop at 2 North Franklin Street. Open from Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., fans are encouraged to pick up their copy while in town at anytime.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival