Lake to Lake Ramble Returns to Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen
Includes laps around the 3.4-mile and original 6.6-mile courses
Find out more information about Lake to Lake Ramble at www.grandprixfestival.com.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – The Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble, set for Friday, June 28, is held in conjunction with Watkins Glen International’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen (June 28-30) weekend. Watkins Glen Promotions organizes the event, the same organization that produces the Grand Prix Festival held in downtown Watkins Glen each September.
The Ramble welcomes up to 100 cars and begins with brunch at The Glen Club followed by three parade laps around the Grand Prix course. Sport and classic cars may travel either the scenic route or spirited route amidst the hills and valleys of New York State’s Finger Lakes Wine Country.
Registration for the event includes a commemorative dash plaque, a tour around the original 6.6-mile road course used from 1948-52 in the Village of Watkins Glen, two weekend general admission tickets for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen and parking in a special corral at the track. The registration fee is $125 per car.
Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble participants will enjoy all four series during the event weekend at Watkins Glen International including the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series, the Continental Tire Championship Series, the IMSA GT3 Porsche Cup Challenge and the F2000 Championship Series.
For more information on the Ramble, or to register, visit www.grandprixfestival.com or call 607.535.3003.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen