Reasons to Volunteer at Watkins Glen International This Summer Add Up
Non-profit organizations receive donations for time spent at The Glen
A variety of opportunities to volunteer at The Glen this summer remain for your non-profit organization!
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International is still in need of volunteer organizations for the 2013 season. The Glen is seeking assistance for the Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy (July 12-14) and the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen (August 8-11). Non-profit groups interested in volunteering their time will be among the many that receive donations from The Glen as a token of appreciation for the support. In 2012, Watkins Glen International and its food and beverage concession operator, Americrown, donated over $80,000 to such organizations.
Responsibilities of these non-profit groups include ticket stubbing, driving courtesy carts to aid fans, gate support, parking attendants, guest services and grandstand ushers. If your non-profit organization is interested in volunteering at The Glen this summer, please send an application, available online here, via email to Marianne Shoemaker at email@example.com or by mail to WGI Guest Services, 2790 County Route 16, Watkins Glen, NY 14891.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Watkins Glen International's Shop offering specials over Thanksgiving week, Small Business Saturday
- Bully Hill Vineyards renews sponsorship of Watkins Glen International’s 2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series race
- Watkins Glen International seeks Fan Ambassadors for 2016 season
- NASCAR, Watkins Glen International reach 5-year sanction agreement; 2016 race weekend announced
- WGI announces 20th anniversary Finger Lakes Wine Festival artwork contest