The Glen and NASCAR Make Brand Park a Little Greener
City of Elmira receives trees from NASCAR Clean Air Tree Planting Program
City Councilman Daniel Royal, Park Volunteer Harold Watts, Mayor Susan Skidmore and Watkins Glen International Michael Printup plant the first of 43 trees donated.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – One of Elmira’s most popular parks, Brand Park, received trees donated as part of NASCAR’s Clean Air Tree Planting Program™ Delivered by UPS and Watkins Glen International on Monday. The Glen selected the City of Elmira to receive the trees, purchased from Stillman’s Greenhouse in Montour Falls, to aid in the recovery from the July 2012 tornado.
“It is great to see the City of Elmira plant these trees to help rebuild Brand Park following the damage from last summer’s tornado,” said Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup. “We’re glad our partnership with the NASCAR Clean Air Tree Planting Program can go to such a wonderful cause.”
Park goers will see the trees, 43 in total, planted throughout the week. Brand Park is located off of Maple Avenue and Sly Street, opposite of the Madison Avenue Bridge.
Watkins Glen International will again collaborate with NASCAR’s Clean Air Tree Planting Program™ Delivered by UPS later this season.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International