Before the Continental Tire 150 Begins Fans Join Drivers on Pit Road
GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Fan Walk is Saturday, June 29
The Fan Walk is a unique feature of GRAND-AM and is just another way sports car racing fans can get close to the action.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – The GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Fan Walk during Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen (June 28-30) is Saturday at 2 p.m. Guests with a weekend admission ticket have the chance to take advantage of the Fan Walk until moments before the green flag of the Continental Tire 150.
Fans can talk to the drivers, walk among the cars and collect autographs from such drivers as, Andy Lally, Eric Curran as well as current Continental Tire GS point leaders Nick Longhi and Matt Plumb. The Fan Walk is a unique feature of GRAND-AM and is just another way sports car racing fans can get close to the action. Fans also have the chance to meet GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series drivers during an autograph session at 1 p.m. behind the Sir Jackie Stewart grandstand.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Pre-race access pass puts fans at center of the action for Cheez-It 355 at The Glen
- NARRA Sportscar Challenge at The Glen set to feature Trans-Am Championship Classic Tube 100
- Watkins Glen International adds on-site Weather Underground station
- Kyle Busch’s Championship-winning Toyota Camry show car on display at Destiny USA
- Watkins Glen International enlists Varsha, Lally, Bell to help unveil new surface