Hawke+Axel Provide Custom Trophies for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen and Continental Tire 150 podium finishers will receive custom Hawke+Axel trophies in Gatorade Victory Lane during the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen weekend (June 28-30). When paired with Great Western, the Official Champagne of Watkins Glen International, the custom hardware will give podium finishers a victory lane celebration that’s second-to-none.
Glassmaker Daniel Sherlock and designer Michelle Groblewski started Hawke+Axel in 2008 with a collaborative vision: to produce distinctive and uncompromised designs in glass and crystal.
Watkins Glen International approached Hawke+Axel to produce two trophies, each with a unique design, while incorporating dramatic aesthetic features. The first-place trophy is two-feet tall and silvered to make the glass appear chrome. It is finished with a light guardrail-blue lip and features an engraved image of the course. The second and third-place trophies are triangular shaped crystal with unique cuts and engraving that reflects the Watkins Glen International logo throughout the piece.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- New York State Legislature recognizes Watkins Glen International in Albany
- WGI repave earns National Asphalt Pavement Association ‘Quality in Construction’ Award
- Race weekend schedule announced for NASCAR at Watkins Glen International, August 3-6
- Watkins Glen International set to hold job fair ahead of 2017 season
- Four companion series to join Verizon IndyCar Series at Watkins Glen International, August 31-September 3