Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy
Launch of The Lakes is Friday, July 12 at Watkins Glen International for just $20.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – The Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy New York’s Artisan Cheese starts Friday, July 12 at 5 p.m. with the Yancey’s Fancy Launch of the Lakes. Guests arrive in their best toga, hoping to be crowned the 2013 King and Queen by Bacchus, the God of Wine.
Those in attendance will enjoy live music, wine from 20 local wineries participating in the festival, concessions, a variety of cheese samples from Yancey’s Fancy and fireworks.
The two individuals chosen as the 2013 King and Queen will receive admission and hospitality for the 2014 Finger Lakes Wine Festival. There are a variety of ways to win prizes at Launch of The Lakes with the toga contest, including categories such as: Best Group, Best Theme, Most Traditional and The Cheesiest.
Tickets are $20 for this special event. Other hospitality options during this year’s festival including the RIEDEL Experience, the Tasters’ Banquet and the Great Western Breakfast.
Nearly 90 wineries, musicians, artisans and culinary classes are featured throughout the Finger Lakes Wine Festival weekend. Guests also have the chance to take a ride around Watkins Glen International in an official pace vehicle for $10.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America. Tickets are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen