Kyle Busch Leaves His Mark on Downtown Rochester Promoting The Glen
Rowdy tears up East Broad Street in advance of the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen
Kyle Busch shreds the tires of his No. 18 Toyota Camry, the finale to his time in Downtown Rochester on Thursday.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Kyle “Rowdy” Busch, driver of the No. 18 M&Ms Toyota Camry, torched the streets of Downtown Rochester to promote NASCAR’s return to Watkins Glen International, August 8-11, for the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen and Zippo 200.
“It’s not everyday you get to drive a stock car on public streets,” Busch said. “The only time we ever get to do it is during champions’ week and you are with other drivers. It was cool to do it on my own. I had a lot of fun out there and I hope the fans did too.”
Busch did donuts and burnt rubber from Fitzhugh Avenue to South Avenue on Thursday with fans along East Broad Street cheering him on.
“We cannot thank the City of Rochester enough for assisting us in putting this event on for Watkins Glen International and NASCAR fans,” President Michael Printup stated. “Kyle Busch put on a tremendous show and we are counting down the days until he returns for Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen.”
Join Busch and the rest of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers for the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen, purchasing tickets by calling 866.461.RACE or visiting www.TheGlen.com.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival kicks off with Friday night dinner, tasting on Oct. 21
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Jaguar brings nostalgia, thrills to Watkins Glen International
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Doug Allen to perform anthems during INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Chris Cornett promoted to Vice President of Facilities and Operations at Watkins Glen International