Geoff Bodine Inducted Into Legends of The Glen
Prolific racer joins elite group at WGI
Geoff Bodine inducted into Legends of The Glen at Watkins Glen International.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Popular race car driver Geoff Bodine was inducted into Legends of The Glen on Friday afternoon. Bodine, a native of Chemung, NY, raced at Watkins Glen International from 1986 through 2000 in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The third-generation driver’s accomplishments at Watkins Glen International include three Top-5s and his eventual final win in the series, which came in 1996.
Bodine also competed at Watkins Glen International in NASCAR’s Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series, as well as the IROC Series, among other touring series during a career that spanned more than four decades.
“Geoff is a big part of our history at The Glen, having run here in several different series – all after a stellar career that commenced at age five in this region,” said Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup. “He’s a spectacular addition to the Legends of the Glen and his induction is one of what should be many highlights during the Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International.”
Since 2008, Watkins Glen International has selected drivers from all racing backgrounds to the elite class known as The Legends of The Glen. Last year’s inductees included: Former sports car and Formula 1 great Derek Bell; sportscar legend Scott Pruett; and James Hunt, who was inducted posthumously.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival