Keselowski Holds Off Teammate Hornish at WGI to Win Zippo 200
Brad Keselowski Takes Checkered Flag Giving Him Four Wins in Consecutive Starts
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Brad Keselowski won the Zippo 200 at The Glen on Saturday afternoon. The win gives Keselowski his fourth straight win in his last four NASCAR Nationwide Series starts this season (though not in consecutive events) and the 24th of his career.
Keselowski started fifth and led 46 of 82 laps, more than any other driver in the race.
Polesitter Sam Hornish Jr. finished second, giving Roger Penske Racing a 1-2 finish. “Today was an excellent day,” said Keselowski. “I came up in Victory Lane and with a 1-2 Penske finish, it’s just great.”
The NASCAR Nationwide Series championship point standings tightened after the Zippo 200. The top three drivers in the standings, Dillon, Hornish and Regan Smith are separated by just five points with 12 races remaining. Points leader Austin Dillon finished 12th after battling fuel line problems.
The defending Sprint Cup Series champion hopes his success today translates into success in Sunday’s Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen, given that the 2.45-mile course is among his favorites. “This has been a great track for me,” said Keselowski. “I remember coming here with my Dad in the ’90s and having a love affair with it.”
Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen starts at 1 p.m. Tickets are still available at the gates.
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival set to feature New York State breweries, distilleries
- Watkins Glen International announces creation of new charitable arm
- Phish Magnaball at Watkins Glen International boosts local economy
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival offers new Friday night dinner, tasting
- Visions Hotels named Official Hotels of Finger Lakes Beer Festival at Watkins Glen International