Angie Johnson Grand Marshal of Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen Sings Anthem
Sony Music Nashville signed Angie Johnson to a recording contract in June 2012. She released her debut EP, Sing for You in May 2013.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Sony Music Nashville singer Angie Johnson will perform the National Anthem prior to the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen on Sunday. Johnson, a U.S. Air Force staff sergeant, made it to the final round on Cee Lo Green’s team on “The Voice” after garnering the attention of 3.2-million viewers on YouTube her rendition of Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep.”
Johnson will join Brad Davidson, president, Kellogg North America and Darcey Macken, president, Kellogg USA Sales to say the most famous words in motorsports, “Drivers, Start Your Engines,” after the final note of the Star-Spangled Banner.
Johnson transitioned to the Air National Guard after fulfilling her United States Air Force commitment as an intelligence analyst. She serves as a member of Sidewinder, a nine-member Top 40 band that is part of the Air National Guard Band of the Central States ensemble headquartered at the 131st Bomb Wing at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.
Sony Music Nashville signed Johnson to a recording contract in June 2012. She released her debut EP, Sing for You in May 2013. Following her Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen performance, Johnson will perform in St. Louis, Nashville, Boston and Louisville.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen