WGI Inducts Otto Linton Into Legends of The Glen
Otto Linton a true Legend of The Glen after Thursday's formal induction.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Otto Linton is the final inductee to the Legends of The Glen for 2013. Linton entered a 1934 MGJ4 Competition two-seater in the 1948 Jr. Prix and Grand Prix. The formal announcement will be made during the PrixView Party Thursday night at Watkins Glen International.
“It is a pleasure to induct Otto Linton as a Legend of The Glen leading into the Glenora Wine Cellars U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Welliver Weekend,” said Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen International. “Linton is a valuable member of our Watkins Glen International racing community.”
Linton competed in the first officially sanctioned race in Watkins Glen on the 6.6-mile street course in 1948. Linton came back year after year through the late 1950s to participate in a number of events including Jr. Prix races, the Seneca Cup and Queen Catherine Cup. Linton’s best finish was third in the 1956 Queen Catherine Cup race.
In these events, Linton drove a variety of cars, including a Frazer Nash TT Replica, a Siata Sport, a Siata 208 CS and an OSCA MT4 throughout the late 50s.
Since 2008, Watkins Glen International has selected drivers from all racing backgrounds to the elite class known as The Legends of The Glen. Geoff Bodine took his place among The Legends of The Glen during the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen in August.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America. Tickets for the Glenora Wine Cellars U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Welliver and Glentoberfest are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen