Watkins Glen International Hosting September 10th American Red Cross Blood Drive
All presenting donors will receive a Thunder Road Tour ticket and a Red Cross t-shirt as a “Thank You” from the Red Cross and The Glen.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International is hosting an American Red Cross blood drive from noon to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 10. The blood drive will take place in WGI’s Media Center.
All presenting donors will receive a Thunder Road Tour ticket and a Red Cross t-shirt as a “Thank You” from the Red Cross and The Glen. The Thunder Road Tour ticket will allow participants to drive their vehicle on a paced lap around the historic race track.
“We are proud to celebrate our 10th year hosting the blood drive,” said Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup. “It’s a great cause that helps both a wonderful organization and our community.”
Local blood donors, with all blood types, are needed all year round to ensure the blood supply stays strong. Approximately every two seconds, a patient in the United States needs blood. That’s why your blood donation through the Red Cross is so important. One blood donation may help save up to three lives and it only takes about an hour of time. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in New York State), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to give blood. Walk-ins are always welcome, but donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment in advance by calling 1-800-RED CROSS or by visiting redcrossblood.org.
- Watkins Glen International, Busch Beer team up to bring Daytona 500 to New York state NASCAR fans
- Stage lengths revealed for August 3-6 NASCAR race weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Three burning questions to be answered at The Glen in 2017
- Best Western Plus – Hammondsport to serve as “Official Hotel” of Watkins Glen International’s Opening Weekend
- Camping, tickets on sale for USA’s “Best Wine Festival” at The Glen this summer