The Cheez-It™ 355 Weekend Returns To The Glen August 7-10, 2014
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International is proud to announce the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen weekend returns August 7-10 in 2014. The Glen hosts one of the pinnacle races of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series schedule leading into the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. The weekend also features the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200 on Saturday, August 9.
“Our world renowned road course continues to host one of the most exciting races of the season,” said Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup. “Each year as wins become more important in the race to the Chase, we see drivers fighting for every position and producing outstanding racing with spectacular finishes for our loyal fans.”
Drivers continue to rave about the excitement at Watkins Glen International.
“The Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen is one of the most fun and challenging races in all of NASCAR,” said Roush-Fenway Racing driver Carl Edwards. “I can’t wait to go back!”
Edwards finished fourth at The Glen behind the wheel of the Cheez-It Ford Fusion in 2013. He is also a past champion of the Zippo 200.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America. Tickets for Glentoberfest are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com.
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix returns to Watkins Glen International September 8-10, 2017
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival kicks off with Friday night dinner, tasting on Oct. 21
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Jaguar brings nostalgia, thrills to Watkins Glen International
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Doug Allen to perform anthems during INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen