Ferrari Challenge North America Added
WGI adds Ferrari Challenge to 2014 schedule, Sept. 19-21
Watkins Glen International announces Ferrari Challenge North America at NYS Museum in Albany, NY.
Albany, NY – Watkins Glen International announced the addition of the Ferrari Challenge North America to their action packed 2014 schedule. This new event will bring world class drivers and spec versions of the Ferrari 458 Italia to the historic road course, September 19-21.
“New York’s own Watkins Glen International is going to offer our state’s first Ferrari Challenge, giving racing fans yet another reason to come to The Glen,” Governor Cuomo said. “Adding more racing events will help continue to grow tourism and bring more visitors to the Finger Lakes region and upstate New York. I wish all participants the best of luck on navigating The Glen.”
The 2014 Ferrari Challenge sees the new 458 Challenge EVO car line-up engaging in three international regions; Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. Watkins Glen International will be the only Northeast United States stop.
“The speeds and precision that these cars have will be remarkable to witness at our historic road course this fall,” stated Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen International. “Our fans love sports car racing and we know they are going to be excited to see this new event added to our already action packed season schedule.”
VIPs that were present for the announcement included:
- Governor Andrew Cuomo
- Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver
- Senate Co-President Dean Skelos
- Senator Tom O’Mara, 58th Senate District of New York
- Senator Betty Little, 45th Senate District of New York
- Assemblyman Chris Friend, 124th Assembly District of New York
- Assemblyman Phil Palmesano, 132nd Assembly District of New York
- Michael Printup, President of Watkins Glen International
Located within five (5) hours (~300 miles) of 25% of the US population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Mark your calendars for TUDOR United SportsCar Championship during Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen June 26-29, as well as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Cheez-It™ 355 and Nationwide Series Zippo 200 at The Glen August 7-10. Tickets are available by calling 866.461.RACE or at www.TheGlen.com. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download The Glen’s free mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Visions Hotels named Official Hotels of Finger Lakes Beer Festival at Watkins Glen International
- WGI announces 2016 dates for Sahlen's Six Hours, Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International announces reserved grandstand sell-out of Cheez-It 355
- Logano earns Watkins glen International sweep with Cheez-It 355 victory
- Logano holds off Keselowski to win Zippo 200 at The Glen