Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen Grows To Historic Level With New Racing Series
More excitement on the track means slight changes regarding event parking
The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen weekend begins June 26.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International is proud to announce the full lineup of racing action for this year’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen. In addition to the previously announced TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, the weekend will also include Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Porsche GT3 Cup USA, and Cooper Tires Prototype Lites. The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen weekend begins June 26.
“These cars are going to be fantastic, making this event weekend a sports car lovers dream.” exclaimed Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen International. “When you pack five amazing racing series into one already historic weekend - you just know it is going to be great.”
As a result of hosting five racing series in one weekend, the infield will no longer be open to vehicular traffic or event parking. Free daily parking will be available in Lots 3, 4 and 6 and shuttles will be provided to help fans move within the facility.
“This weekend is all about access,” continued Printup. “While parking will shift exclusively to the outside of the track, fans can still get up-close and personal with the teams in the open paddock all weekend long.”
Located within five (5) hours (~300 miles) of 25% of the US population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America. Mark your calendars for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship during Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen June 26-29. Tickets are available by calling 866.461.RACE or at www.TheGlen.com. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download The Glen’s free mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival kicks off with Friday night dinner, tasting on Oct. 21
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Jaguar brings nostalgia, thrills to Watkins Glen International
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Doug Allen to perform anthems during INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Chris Cornett promoted to Vice President of Facilities and Operations at Watkins Glen International