Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen Grows To Historic Level With New Racing Series
More excitement on the track means slight changes regarding event parking
The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen weekend begins June 26.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International is proud to announce the full lineup of racing action for this year’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen. In addition to the previously announced TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, the weekend will also include Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Porsche GT3 Cup USA, and Cooper Tires Prototype Lites. The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen weekend begins June 26.
“These cars are going to be fantastic, making this event weekend a sports car lovers dream.” exclaimed Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen International. “When you pack five amazing racing series into one already historic weekend - you just know it is going to be great.”
As a result of hosting five racing series in one weekend, the infield will no longer be open to vehicular traffic or event parking. Free daily parking will be available in Lots 3, 4 and 6 and shuttles will be provided to help fans move within the facility.
“This weekend is all about access,” continued Printup. “While parking will shift exclusively to the outside of the track, fans can still get up-close and personal with the teams in the open paddock all weekend long.”
Located within five (5) hours (~300 miles) of 25% of the US population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America. Mark your calendars for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship during Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen June 26-29. Tickets are available by calling 866.461.RACE or at www.TheGlen.com. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download The Glen’s free mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International