Action Express Joins IMSA Teams Testing The Glen
Four IMSA teams set to test Wednesday, April 23 and Thursday, April 24
Joao Barbosa celebrates in Gatorade Victory Lane after securing the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen win with co-driver Christian Fittipaldi.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International will be buzzing this week with four IMSA racing teams testing to prepare for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen, June 26-29. This is a prime opportunity for fans to check out the FREE - Fans R1st Viewing Area Wednesday, April 23 and Thursday, April 24.
This week’s testing teams include: Automatic Racing (IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge), Action Express Racing (IMSA TUDOR United SportsCar Racing Championship), Magnus Racing Porsche (IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge) and Team Sahlen (IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge). Notable drivers participating include: Automatic Racing’s Rob Ecklin of Corning, NY and Peter Argetsinger, son of the designer of Watkins Glen’s race in the streets Cameron Argetsinger; Action Express Racing’s Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi, 2013 winners of Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen; and Joe Sahlen, owner of Sahlen’s Packing Company (entitlement sponsor of Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen).
The WGI Fans R1st Viewing Area offers fans the chance to witness the excitement of on-track action free of charge. Open to fans of all ages from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. during non-spectator events, guests are welcome to enjoy the sights and sounds of The Glen from the Argetsinger Grandstand.
Located within five (5) hours (~300 miles) of 25% of the US population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Mark your calendars for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship during Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen June 26-29. Tickets are available by calling 866.461.RACE or at www.TheGlen.com. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download The Glen’s free mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen