Ramble On During Sahlen’s Six Hour Weekend
Exclusive Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble set for Friday, June 27
It is a unique event during a weekend of action, featuring five IMSA series on track at Watkins Glen International: TUDOR United SportsCarChampionship, Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, Cooper Tires Prototype Lites, Lamborghini Super Trofeo and Porsche GT3 USA.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International and Watkins Glen Promotions are excited to welcome back the 10th annual Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble, Friday, June 27, in conjunction with Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen (June 26-29) action-packed event weekend. This exclusive event welcomes up to 100 cars to enjoy a one-of-kind Finger Lakes sports car and motor racing enthusiasts’ weekend.
“The Lake to Lake Ramble gives us something fun to do before the action really gets going on track for the Six Hours of The Glen,” states Bill Penglase of Flourtown, PA. Both he and his wife Patty are recurring participants of the Ramble. “Plus it gives us a chance to meet other motor racing enthusiasts and see more of the Finger Lakes area.”
Registration for this exclusive event is $125 per/car and covers two participants/people. Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble participants will enjoy:
- Two weekend tickets for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen, featuring five racing series
- A dash plaque commemorating the event
- A tour around the original 6.6-mile road course used from 1948-1952 in the Village of Watkins Glen and Town of Dix
- Three paced laps around the current 3.4 mile Grand Prix course (in own vehicle)
- Brunch on Friday
The Lake to Lake Ramble begins with brunch at The Glen Club, located at Watkins Glen International, followed by three paced laps around the current 3.4 mile Grand Prix course. Participants will also have the opportunity to choose from two routes, “Scenic or Spirited”, to complete their tour. Both routes will guide sport and classic cars through the original 6.6 mile road course and the scenic Finger Lakes region with stops along the way at numerous world-class wineries.
To register, visit http://www.grandprixfestival.com/documents/earlyregistration2014.pdf or call 607.535.3003.
Located within five (5) hours (~300 miles) of 25% of the US population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Mark your calendars for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship during Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen June 26-29. Tickets are available by calling 866.461.RACE or at www.TheGlen.com. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download The Glen’s free mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- See Mystique: World Class Ferraris Take to WGI
- Renowned Finger Lakes Wine Festival Returns
- Sportscar Vintage Racing Association Races Back to The Glen for U.S. Vintage Grand Prix
- Watkins Glen International to host 11th Annual American Red Cross Blood Drive in honor of the Tragedies of 9-11
- Chemung Canal Trust Company Celebrates Classic Cars