Continental Tire and WGI Continue Partnership
Watkins Glen International renews entitlement sponsorship and official tire status of the historic road course
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International announced the renewal of Continental Tire as the entitlement partner of the IMSA Continental SportsCar Challenge race at WGI, the Continental Tire 150 at The Glen. In addition to the renewal as the entitlement partner, Continental Tire will also continue their status as the “Official Tire of Watkins Glen International.”
”We are thrilled to renew this now longstanding partnership with Continental Tires during one of our most historic event weekends,” stated Michael Printup, President of Watkins Glen International. "This is an exciting time for this series and sports car racing and having great partnerships, like this one, enables us to do more for our fans and grow the awareness of the Continental brand and the sport."
Since 2012, Continental Tire has been a proud partner of The Glen.
“Watkins Glen International provides great racing and a great atmosphere for fans,” said Travis Roffler, director of marketing for Continental Tire. “We are honored to continue our partnership with Watkins Glen as part of our commitment to IMSA and sportscar racing. We invite everyone to come out and celebrate our great sport with us at the Continental Tire 150 at The Glen.”
Located within five (5) hours (~300 miles) of 25% of the US population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Mark your calendars for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship during Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen June 26-29. Tickets are available by calling 866.461.RACE or at www.TheGlen.com. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download The Glen’s free mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International