Marcos Ambrose Wins 10th Anniversary Zippo 200
Ambrose captures fourth NASCAR Nationwide Series Victory at Watkins Glen International
Ambrose started fourth behind polesitter and 2013 Zippo 200 Champion Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano and 2013 Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen Champion Kyle Busch.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Marcos Ambrose captured his fourth Zippo 200 victory in the 10th anniversary running of the NASCAR Nationwide Series race sponsored by the Bradford, Pa. Watkins Glen International partner. Ambrose led 48 laps en route to the checkered flag on Saturday afternoon.
“It is a fantastic day for RPM,” Marcos Ambrose said. “The King is here. It is just great to celebrate Victory Lane with him. For all he has been through personally this year and now our team making the Chase with the No. 43 and now winning a race in the Nationwide Series.”
Ambrose is now tied with Terry Labonte for career NASCAR Nationwide Series victories at Watkins Glen International. In total Ambrose, driver of the No. 09 Stanley Ford, has won four out of five NASCAR Nationwide Series races entered at The Glen.
Ambrose started fourth behind polesitter and 2013 Zippo 200 Champion Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano and 2013 Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen Champion Kyle Busch. NASCAR Nationwide Series regular and Cato, NY-native Regan Smith finished 17th after starting fifth for Zippo 200.
Green flag for Sunday’s Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen is 1 p.m.
Tickets may be purchased by calling 866.461.RACE or online at www.TheGlen.com for Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download The Glen’s free mobile app, The Glen, from the App Store or Google Play.
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International
- INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen tickets, camping set to go on sale to general public on Wednesday, May 18
- IndyCar to return to Watkins Glen International on Labor Day weekend
- Taster’s Banquet highlights Saturday night at Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy New York’s Artisan Cheese
- Edwards, Logano, Kahne dish on new Watkins Glen International surface