Kwik Fill announced as Watkins Glen International Opening Weekend presenting sponsor
“Opening Weekend fueled by Kwik Fill” will take place Saturday, April 16 to Sunday, April 17 at the historic road course, which is set to debut a new racing surface after a massive off-season repaving project.
“We are excited to have Kwik Fill on board for a highly anticipated Opening Weekend at Watkins Glen International,” said WGI President Michael Printup. “With the debut of our new surface, we’re expecting one of the biggest April crowds we’ve had. Kwik Fill’s involvement will only add to that excitement.”
Lance Pangborn, Director of Advertising and Media for Kwik Fill, expressed similar sentiments about the partnership.
“We have enjoyed a great working relationship with WGI over the years and we are pleased to add this opening weekend sponsorship, which will include the ‘Opening Weekend fueled by Kwik Fill' and a co-branded event logo.’”
In addition, Kwik Fill has opened an online enter-to-win giveaway for residents of New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio who are 18 years of age or older.
The “Watkins Glen International Opening Weekend fueled by Kwik Fill Giveaway” will offer participants the opportunity to win one of twenty-three prizes that include vehicle passes to the event, a pass for one vehicle to “Drive the Glen”, and a $100 Kwik Fill Gift Card for travel expenses.
Five grand prizes will also include accommodations at the Harbor Hotel in downtown Watkins Glen, a $100 Harbor Hotel Gift Card per person for dinner and drinks. The promotion will run from March 1, 2016 to March 31, 2016. Fans can enter the Kwik Fill sweepstakes at www.kwikfill.com or www.facebook.com/kwikfill.
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International
- INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen tickets, camping set to go on sale to general public on Wednesday, May 18
- IndyCar to return to Watkins Glen International on Labor Day weekend
- Taster’s Banquet highlights Saturday night at Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy New York’s Artisan Cheese
- Edwards, Logano, Kahne dish on new Watkins Glen International surface