Kwik Fill announced as Watkins Glen International Opening Weekend presenting sponsor
“Opening Weekend fueled by Kwik Fill” will take place Saturday, April 16 to Sunday, April 17 at the historic road course, which is set to debut a new racing surface after a massive off-season repaving project.
“We are excited to have Kwik Fill on board for a highly anticipated Opening Weekend at Watkins Glen International,” said WGI President Michael Printup. “With the debut of our new surface, we’re expecting one of the biggest April crowds we’ve had. Kwik Fill’s involvement will only add to that excitement.”
Lance Pangborn, Director of Advertising and Media for Kwik Fill, expressed similar sentiments about the partnership.
“We have enjoyed a great working relationship with WGI over the years and we are pleased to add this opening weekend sponsorship, which will include the ‘Opening Weekend fueled by Kwik Fill' and a co-branded event logo.’”
In addition, Kwik Fill has opened an online enter-to-win giveaway for residents of New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio who are 18 years of age or older.
The “Watkins Glen International Opening Weekend fueled by Kwik Fill Giveaway” will offer participants the opportunity to win one of twenty-three prizes that include vehicle passes to the event, a pass for one vehicle to “Drive the Glen”, and a $100 Kwik Fill Gift Card for travel expenses.
Five grand prizes will also include accommodations at the Harbor Hotel in downtown Watkins Glen, a $100 Harbor Hotel Gift Card per person for dinner and drinks. The promotion will run from March 1, 2016 to March 31, 2016. Fans can enter the Kwik Fill sweepstakes at www.kwikfill.com or www.facebook.com/kwikfill.
- Watkins Glen International, Busch Beer team up to bring Daytona 500 to New York state NASCAR fans
- Stage lengths revealed for August 3-6 NASCAR race weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Three burning questions to be answered at The Glen in 2017
- Best Western Plus – Hammondsport to serve as “Official Hotel” of Watkins Glen International’s Opening Weekend
- Camping, tickets on sale for USA’s “Best Wine Festival” at The Glen this summer