The Watkins Glen International public relations staff works to provide information about the facility and events, along with access to personalities, drivers, and management in a timely manner for members of the media. Listed below are our 2018-19 media policies so that you can re-familiarize yourselves with our procedures and guidelines as you cover The Glen this season. Thank you for your continued coverage and we look forward to working with you!
- Chris Banker, Director of Public Relations - 607.535.3361 - email@example.com
- Mike Gardner, Public Relations Manager - 607.535.3307 - firstname.lastname@example.org
CREDENTIAL REQUESTS AND MEDIA SERVICES
- All credential requests must be submitted by the media outlet's editor, sports editor, sports director, or sports producer, and should include everyone from the outlet that requires access to the event. Submission of an application does not guarantee credentials will be issued.
- Media credentials will be issued only to accredited newspapers, publications, news services, and internet sites that offer dedicated and consistent coverage of events for which credentials are being requested, as well as local, regional, and national television and radio networks.
- Freelance journalists and photographers must be on specific assignment, as noted on the application form submitted by the media outlet's assigning authority.
- Working media credentials will not be issued to non-working employees of an outlet, including, but not limited to, individuals working in a media outlet's marketing, promotions, sales, advertising, public relations, etc. departments.
- All applications will be carefully screened. Watkins Glen International reserves the right to approve or deny credential requests, as well as the number of credentials and access issued.
- HARD CARD HOLDERS: Simply e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your access stickers and parking passes.
Click here to apply for SCCA U.S. Majors media credentials - Applications due Friday, June 7
Click here to apply for Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen (IMSA) media credentials - Applications due Thursday, June 13
- 2019 IMSA Video Policies
Click here to apply for Finger Lakes Wine Festival media credentials - Applications due Friday, June 28
Click here to apply for Go Bowling at The Glen (NASCAR) media credentials - Applications due Friday, July 19
Click here to apply for Blancpain GT World Challenge media credentials - Applications due Friday, August 16
Click here to apply for Hilliard U.S. Vintage Grand Prix media credentials - Applications due Friday, August 23
TRACK RENTAL PHOTOGRAPHERS/MEDIA: Please use this form to apply for access - Applications due two weeks prior to event
Accredited members of the media who would like to receive Watkins glen International news releases via e-mail should contact a member of the public relations staff with an e-mail address.
Media who would like to receive updates on breaking news via Twitter can follow the team's media Twitter feed at twitter.com/WGIPR. The track also maintains a general Twitter feed at twitter.com/WGI.
NASCAR MEDIA SITE
NASCAR's password-protected media site includes statistics, press releases, schedules, race notes, contacts and more. To access the site, visit http://www.nascarmedia.com.