Directions to the Glen
Watkins Glen International
2790 County Route 16
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
For traffic reports to the track during NASCAR weekend, tune in to 100.9FM WPGI.
The routes offered below should serve as a general guideline only and are not necessarily the best routes from your area.
Please consult a more detailed map for specific directions from your area.
- From Buffalo, Toronto, and points West: I-90 East to Rte. 14 South (Geneva Exit 42) take 14 South to Watkins Glen along the west side of beautiful Seneca Lake. 40 minutes from Exit 42; or, I-90 East to 390 South to Rte. 17(I-86) East to Exit 42 (Cooper Plains). Follow Meads Creek Rd./County Rte. 16 Northeast to WGI.
- From Cleveland, Jamestown, Olean, Erie, Bradford, and points West: Rte. 17(I-86) East to Rte. 414 North in Corning (Exit 46 turn left at end of exit ramp). 25 minutes from Corning.
- From Williamsport, Harrisburg, and points South: Rte. 15. North to Rte. 17(I-86) East to Rte. 414 North (Exit 46 turn left at end of exit ramp). 25 minutes from Corning.
- From Albany, Springfield MA, Oneonta: Rte. 88 West to Rte. 17(I-86) West to Rte. 14 North in Horseheads. 25 minutes from Horseheads.
- From Utica and points East (scenic route): I-90 West to Rte. 81 South to Rte. 79 West (in Ithaca) to Rte. 414 South. 30 minutes from Ithaca.
- From Binghamton, Scranton, New York City, and points South East: Rte. 17(I-86) West to Rte. 14 North in Horseheads. 25 Minutes from Horseheads.
- From Syracuse, Auburn, Oswego: I-90 West to Rte. 14 South (Geneva exit 42). 40 minutes from Exit 42.
Watkins Glen International is located approximately 3 miles outside of the Village of Watkins Glen. From Franklin Street in the Village, go South on Rte. 414 to the traffic light (3/4 mile) at the top of the hill and turn right. Go approximately 2.25 miles to the track (on the left).
Inbound & Outbound Traffic Maps
During our large event weekends, there are many ways to travel to The Glen. Driving to Watkins Glen International during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) the roads will be managed by local authorities to ensure your safety entering the facility. Extra lanes will be created and one-way traffic will be established.
Take a moment to locate your first destination when reaching The Glen, whether it is our Ticket Office or the closest gate to your seat. Determining which lane to be in will help you navigate to the nearest parking lot or entrance gate.
All parking at Watkins Glen is FREE.