Drive The Glen
Experience Watkins Glen International like you have never before – Drive The Glen! Find out what it feels like to drive 3 (escorted) laps around this storied road course while piloting your personal vehicle [sorry, no motorcycles, RVs or motorcoaches] around the 3.45-mile Grand Prix circuit, paced by an official WGI pace car.
Drive the Glen is closed for the 2023 Season and will pick back up on Opening Weekend on Monday, April 8, 2024.
Drive The Glen passes can be purchased for $30 (cashless) per vehicle online or at Gate 2 [Main Track Entrance] off of County Route 16.
- Groups of 15 cars or more must reserve their experience in advance, please email Jessica Allen at [email protected]
- Groups of 30 cars or more must reserve at least 30 days in advance
DRIVE THE GLEN BLACKOUT DATES AND TIMES
- MAY: 18-19, 22
- MAY: 11
- MAY: 3-5, 24-25, 31
- JUNE: 2, 6-9, 20-2
- JULY: 10-14, 25-28
- AUGUST: 21-25
- SEPTEMBER: 11-15
Watkins Glen International requires your compliance with the following rules when participating in Drive The Glen. Staging begins at 11:15 a.m. [for Noon laps] and 4:15 p.m. [for 5 p.m. laps] at Gate 2. We recommend arriving prior to staging time.
All rules must be followed to ensure everyone's safety:
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times
- Please keep your hands and mobile devices inside the vehicle
- Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you
- Maintain the speed as set by the pace car
- DO NOT pass another vehicle, especially not the pace car
- All participants are required to remain in their personal vehicles.
- The vehicle MUST be street-legal. Motorcycles, rental cars, ATVs, golf carts, and/or large-capacity vehicles (15-passenger vans & buses) will not be permitted to drive on the track.
- Drivers must be 18 years or older and a valid driver’s license & insurance are required upon arrival.
- Minors in vehicles must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian.
- All occupants must remain inside the vehicle at all times, with seatbelts on. Passengers are not permitted in truck beds.
*If you have any questions, please ask our security team at Gate 2 before staging. Any individual(s) that do not follow these rules will be escorted off the property.
- Use Gate 2 to enter our facility on County Rt. 16
- Once through security, please proceed to the staging area on Canandaigua Road. If you are the first car on-site, please park next to the sign that indicates the start of the staging. Everyone else is to follow and park directly behind
*Driver must have a valid driver's license, and your vehicle must be currently registered and insured. For your safety, this experience will consist of three consecutive laps without stopping at the start/finish line. All drivers and passengers must stay inside the vehicle at all times. Must be 18 years or older to drive.