Drive The Glen
Experience Watkins Glen International like you have never before – Drive The Glen! Find out what it feels like to drive this storied road course while piloting your personal vehicle [sorry, no motorcycles, RVs or motorcoaches] around the 3.45-mile Grand Prix circuit, paced by an official WGI pace car.
Drive Your Car Where Your Heroes Have!
Drive The Glen will be held at 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on each day, with blackout dates exceptions. Subject to change. Guests are encouraged to confirm daily availability by calling 607.535.3367.
Below are the following blackout dates and times regarding public Drive The Glen. Due to on-track activities, there will be NO DRIVE THE GLEN on the following days:
* = No 12pm Drive The Glen
** = No 5pm Drive The Glen
BOLD = No Drive The Glen
Drive The Glen passes can be purchased for $30 (cashless) per vehicle online or at Gate 2 [Main Track Entrance] off of County Route 16.
- Groups of 10 or more must reserve their experience in advance, please email Jessica Allen at [email protected]
- Groups of 30 or more must reserve at least 30 days in advance
Watkins Glen International requires your compliance with the following rules when participating in a Drive The Glen. Staging begins at 11:15 a.m. [for Noon laps] and 4:15 p.m. [for 5 p.m. laps] at Gate 2. We recommend arriving prior to staging time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All participants inside the vehicle must print and bring the required track waivers to the event. One waiver per adult. Click the buttons below to download the waivers. Minor waivers are required for participants under the age of 18.
All rules must be followed to ensure everyone's safety:
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times
- Please keep your hands and mobile devices inside the vehicle
- Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you
- Maintain the speed as set by the pace car
- DO NOT pass another vehicle, especially not the pace car
- All participants are required to remain in their personal vehicles.
- Vehicle MUST be street legal. Motorcycles, rental cars, ATVs, golf carts and/or large capacity vehicles (15 passenger vans & buses) will not be permitted to drive the track.
- Drivers must be 18 years or older and valid driver’s license & insurance required upon arrival.
- Minors in vehicle must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian.
- All occupants must remain inside the vehicle at all times, with seatbelts on. Passengers are not permitted in truck beds.
*If you have any questions, please ask our security team at Gate 2 before staging. Any individual(s) that do not follow these rules will be escorted off the property.
- Use Gate 2 to enter our facility on County Rt. 16 (have tickets and waivers ready)
- Every customer should print waivers prior to arrival. Waivers must be signed at the security checkpoint. – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Once through security, please proceed to the staging area on Canandaigua Road. If you are the first car on-site, please park next to the sign that indicates the start of the staging. Everyone else is to follow and park directly behind
*Driver must have a valid driver's license, and your vehicle must be currently registered and insured. For your safety, this experience will consist of three consecutive laps without stopping at the start/finish line. All drivers and passengers must stay inside the vehicle at all times. Must be 18 years or older to drive.
- Drive The Glen and discover space to recharge at Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons. Nestled in downtown Ithaca, take the scenic route and enjoy access to boutique shopping, dining, and experience the natural beauty surrounding the downtown district. Plush beds and the calming atmosphere of Ithaca Marriott’s rooms and suites makes it easy to unwind after experiencing the thrill of Drive The Glen. Make sure to visit Ithaca Marriott’s restaurant, Monks on The Commons – the perfect destination to refuel after a day of excitement on the track.
- This exclusive package includes the following:
- Overnight Stay
- One (1) Drive The Glen Car Admission
- 10 % off a purchase at Watkins Glen International’s “The Shop,” located in Downtown Watkins Glen
- “I Drove The Glen” Bumper Sticker
- Waters and snacks for your experience
Ithaca Marriott Downtown on The Commons
120 South Aurora Street, Ithaca, NY 14850