RACE Foundation & Donations
What is the RACE Foundation?
Watkins Glen International plays a vital role in the community. The mission of R.A.C.E. (Racing And Community Enrichment) is to meet the needs of local underserved populations with a focus on youth-oriented support. A donor-advised fund of the NASCAR Foundation, The RACE Foundation will use the backing of a close-knit community to foster meaningful fundraising efforts, as well as lean on support from the international racing family.
For more information, please contact:
Track Marketing Manager
Watkins Glen International
Watkins Glen International is pleased to give back to the communities that our fans live and work in. We are active in the community with many different projects that are important to the WGI family.
How can I request a donation from The Glen?
Due to the volume of requests received, the Donations Committee will adhere to all the following guidelines when reviewing Donation Request Forms to Watkins Glen International:
- The event and/or organization must take place or do business in Schuyler, Steuben, Chemung, Tioga, Yates and Tompkins counties of New York.
- The original request must be submitted to the WGI office on your organization’s letterhead, along with a completed Donation Request Form, and must be submitted no later than 90 days prior to the event.
- The proceeds must be going to a non-profit organization or charity and have a registered Federal Tax Identification number.
- The event must be attended by at least 100 people.
- Watkins Glen International must receive promotion in any advertising done for the event and copies of the ad should be sent to the WGI office.
- There is a maximum of two tickets donated per request.
All requests are reviewed by the Donations Committee and we understand the importance of each and every donation request. Please understand that while we strive to help, we cannot honor all of the requests that we receive. We work very hard to review each request and are happy to be able to support a variety of regional organizations.
Requests are not accepted by phone or email. To apply for a donation, please click the link below and follow the appropriate steps.